The User Margin Utility allows label adjustment and other mailing functions. Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article. If your software is hosted through Blackbaud Hosting Services, refer to How to run a plug-in in a hosted environment.
Note: Running the User Margin Utility resets the previous margins set up in the labels to zero.
- Log into The Raiser's Edge as Supervisor.
- On the navigation bar, click Plug-Ins, User Margin Utility.
- In the Module column, select Mail.
- In the Mailing column, select the appropriate mailing function such as labels.
- In the Form Type column, select the appropriate form such as the label size.
- In the Printer column, select the appropriate printer.
- In the Left, Right, Top, and Bottom Margin columns, enter the adjustment amount. For example, if you want it to print .25 inches lower, enter .25 in Top field. (To print higher, enter a negative number; for example -.25).
- When finished, click Update.
- Mark the Global Setting checkbox to apply the settings to all users.
- Click Update to save the changes.
Note: If you use pre-printed forms, you should not adjust the margins in the User Margin Utility.
For additional information, refer to How to troubleshoot printer problems.