1. Create a new payment
  2. On the Payment tab, enter in the amount as a negative value for the refund or credit
  3. On the GL Distribution tab, enter the appropriate account to refund or credit. The heading should display as DR Account Number (instead of CR Account Number when entering a positive amount for the payment).
Note: The amount will display as a positive value on the GL Distribution tab but as a negative value on the Payment tab.