- Identify the Faculty/Staff records who can review comments:
- In Records, open the appropriate faculty staff record
- Select the Restrictions 1 tab
- Select the schools in which the teacher can review comments
Note: Be sure that the Department on the Bio 2 tab of the Faculty/Staff record corresponds to the Department on the course record of which the comment needs to be approved.
- Assign a group of reviewers to each school in Faculty Access for the Web:
- From the navigation bar, under Setup, click Set up comment approval and department heads. The Comment approval and department heads page appears.
- On this page, you select how department heads are designated in Registrar's Office and select who reviews gradebook comments for each school.
- To successfully allow comment approval settings and options to appear for the specific faculty/staff you select, you must mark the associated school on the Restrictions 1 tab of the faculty/staff record.
- When you select “No one”, you choose to not use a comment review process. All comment approval settings are hidden in the program, including the comment status field on the Update FAWeb Statuses screen in Administration.
- Advisors can view all grades and comments for an assigned student. However, the Gradebook reviewers page is not visible.
- Administrators have administrator rights and can review comments for all classes for schools associated with a specific faculty/staff record. The Gradebook reviewers page is not visible for administrators.
- Department heads can view comments for classes in the department that is listed on the Bio 2 tab of a faculty/staff member’s record and is scheduled in the school to which the faculty/staff member has access. The Gradebook reviewers page is not visible for department heads.
- Peer reviewers are selected by faculty members for each class. The Gradebook reviewers page is visible.
- In the Use [ ] to email Faculty/Staff members field, select an email address preference. When selecting Peer Reviewer, this email address will appear for teachers when they assign their comments to another faculty/staff member for approval and will allow them to notify a peer reviewer that they've been assigned to approve one of the teacher's classes. The subject line in the email will populate with the name of the class.
Note: For more information, refer to:
How to designate a teacher as department head (BB265394)
What are the Advisor and Administrator login types for Faculty Access for the Web? (BB108934)
- Teacher Setup in Faculty Access for the Web (Only if the Supervisor selects Peer Reviewer):
- Log into Faculty Access for the Web as a teacher
- In Gradebook, click Setup, and then Comment Approval.
- Select the appropriate faculty/staff member.