- Open Access, create a New Database Using a Blank Database and click OK.
- Name the database, save it in an appropriate location, and click Create.
- Select File, Get External Data, Link Tables from the menu bar.
- On the Files of Type option, select ODBC Databases ().
- Go to the Machine Data Source Tab, select the name of your database, and click OK.
- Click Select All. For some tables, you may be prompted to choose a unique identifier. Click OK to the remainder of the prompts.
- You do not need to identify the primary key as you will define the links of the tables when you create your queries.
- You can now create views and queries in Access. These directions are based on Access 97 and Access 2000 should be similar.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.