If you are registered online for training with Blackbaud and your software is hosted by Blackbaud, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with accessing a sample database online for training.
NOTE: If you are preparing for Blackbaud Learn training classes, you will need to download and install the applicable Blackbaud application which includes the sample database.
- If your training class is for The Raiser's Edge, then see: BB728657 - How to install The Raiser's Edge software for training classes
- If your training class is for The Financial Edge, The Education Edge or Blackbaud Student Information System, then see: BB720326 - How to install The Financial Edge, The Education Edge, or Blackbaud Student Information Systems software for training classes
If you need the sample database files only, then complete the following:
- Download the sample database for your product.
- Save the file to a local hard drive on your live database server (network installation) or on a standalone workstation.
- If more than one person from your organization will be attending the class, we recommend setting up individual standalones so all users can participate. (Note: If the network version of the software is currently installed on the workstation, uninstall the software before installing a standalone version.)
- If you are in a hosted environment, you must set up a standalone to access the sample database.
- Double-click the executable (.exe) file and click Browse to select the directory to extract the files to.
- Click Unzip.
- Attach the sample database to the Blackbaud Management Console.