Note: Incorrect changes to registry settings can cause serious system problems that may be irreversible without reinstallation of the operating system. You must back up your registry before making any registry changes. We are not responsible for damage resulting from incorrect use of the Registry Editor.
Note: Please contact your web server administrator for assistance before making changes in Internet Information Services.
- If receiving Error: Page cannot be found when viewing shared documents or opening a downloadable document then follow the below steps in order until the issue is resolved.
- Verify that the files that you are attempting to open do not contain commas (,) within the filename. If they do, remove the commas and re-upload the file(s).
- Verify NTFS permissions for FAWeb 7 and NetClassroom 7 have been correctly configured.
- Verify the location below reflects the correct path to the Downloadable Documents folder on the FAWeb 7 server. For versions 7.75.259 or higher, the path is '\Program Files\Blackbaud\Downloadable Documents'. For versions lower than 7.75.259, the path is '\Program Files\Blackbaud\FAWeb7\Downloadable Documents'
- Verify this location also correlates with the FAWeb7 registry key and the Class Documents virtual directory local path in IIS.
- If downloadable documents are accessible in FAWeb 7 but not in NetClassroom 7 then please proceed to Knowledgebase Solution BB453986 for detailed instructions on editing the NetClassroom 7 web.config accordingly.
- If receiving Error: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\FAWeb7\Downloadable Documents\...' is denied when accessing Downloadable Documents or Shared Documents then follow the steps listed in Knowledgebase Solution BB465248 in order until the issue is resolved.