- Install Raiser’s Edge client on the new server and ensure that you can access the production database when logging in
- Set the appropriate NTFS permissions on the new RE7Service web server.
- Install the RE7Service components of BBNC onto the new server. (Ensure that the version installed exactly matches the version of Blackbaud NetCommunity installed)
- Ensure that you are able to access the RE7Service masterservice.asmx URL from the NetCommunity web server.
- Log into Blackbaud NetCommunity as a user with Supervisory rights. Go to Administration \ Configuration. Change the MasterService URL and CustomService URL to reflect the URL on the new server. Save and log out.
- Ensure that the testconfig page reflects the new URL and that everything passes successfully.
- Go into Add/Remove Programs on the current Blackbaud NetCommunity web server. Select Blackbaud NetCommunity and Change/Remove. Choose the option to Modify. Uncheck the options for The Raiser’s Edge Web Service and The Raiser’s Edge Plug-in. This will uninstall the RE7Service components from the Blackbaud NetCommunity web server and only run them on the new server.
If NetCommunity is on version 7.0 and below, review [netcommunityURL]/testconfig.aspx.
If NetCommunity is on version 7.1 and above, click chat with support.