- When a new user is created, or existing user is updated, the passwords must be at least eight characters long and contain at least one letter and one non-alphabet character (for example, 0-9, !, @, #). Refer to What are the password requirements for version 7.77? for more information.
- Verify the user is set up to use WebPurchasing in The Financial Edge:
1. In Administration, click Set up System Security.
2. Open the User name.
3. Select the Online Security tab.
4. Mark the WebPurchasing check box and any other desired checkboxes.
- If Web Portal is set to use SQL Server Windows Only Authentication then verify it is configured.
- Verify the Web Portal module and user licenses have been unlocked within The Financial Edge. If they have not, then use the Unlock Code Generator to unlock optional modules or change the number of user licenses.
If error still persists:
1. Browse to Administration, Set up system security.
2. Open the user record.
3. Change user from Supervisor rights to Selected group rights.
4. Save and close.
5. Open the record and change back to Supervisor.
6. Save and close.
7. Have user sign into Web Portal with password.
Download and install the latest patch, which contains all fixes from previous patches. If you are running an older version, download and install the latest version and then the patch.
Create a new username for The Financial Edge.