Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
- Make note of the following information before completing these steps:
- Invoice information including post date and General Ledger Distribution.
- Payment information including post date, payment and payment number.
- Void the check and delete the invoice. Be sure to set the reversal post dates for both the invoice and payment the same as the original post dates.
- Post the reversals to the General Ledger.
- Purge the voided payment.
- Recreate the invoice with the correct vendor's information and pay it using the original check number, payment date and post dates. Print this to blank paper.