- Click on Configuration
- Click on Tables
- Locate the table 'VAT Rate' and click on it
- Click on Insert New Table Entry located at the top
- Enter the new rate
If you'd prefer to have the rate you wish to be added as the first entry in the table then you can do the following:
- Click on the current top entry in the table
- Click on Insert on the top toolbar
- Enter the new VAT rate
To use VAT on gifts:
- Open an existing gift or add a new gift and click on the Tax tab
- In the Value Added Tax section amend the Portion Subject to Tax, if required.
- Click on the Tax rate drop down list and select the relevant rate for the gift.
- VAT only needs to be entered if the gift has a portion of the amount that should have VAT applied.
- If VAT is not relevant for the gift then no action is required in the Value Added Tax section on the Tax tab.
This change in VAT Rate ends 01/01/2010 at which time the rate will revert to 17½%
For more information on VAT and VAT rates see the Directgov web site