Seamless Sign On uses the FAWeb and NetClassroom links defined in NetCommunity.
- Login to NetCommunity as Supervisor
- Go to Administration, Sites & settings
- The FAWeb and NetClassroom links need to be defined in the Education section
The Login screen for NetClassroom and FAWeb may redirect to a secure site, causing this to break the SSO.
To create a link to NetClassroom and Faculty Access for the Web in NetCommunity:
- Create a new part that allows linking to another page, such as the Menu or Formatted Text and Images part
- From the New Part screen, click the Link button
The Create Page Link screen appears
- Mark Create Other Type of Link
- In the Type field, select “[custom]”
- In the URL field, select “Faculty Access for the Web” or “NetClassroom”
Note: During the NetConnection installation, you enter the URLs for NetClassroom and Faculty Access for the Web which are written to your configuration files automatically. If the “[custom]” option does not appear in the Type field, there may be a problem with configuration.
- To save the link and close the Create Page Link screen, click OK.
Note: The Campus Page Manager part will recognize if the current user is a Faculty member or a Student and there will be a working FAWeb or NetClassroom link available there. This link will allow for seamless sign on without any additional configuration.