Note: All courses associated with a school, academic year, and session must use the same timetable
- In Configuration, select Academic Years
- Open the appropriate school/academic year record
- On the General tab, select the appropriate session and click Open on the action bar
- Select the Terms tab
- Add the quarter terms to the grid
Note: So classes are scheduled correctly, define the
quarters after the semesters.
- In Configuration, select Registrar Setup
- From the list on the left, select Marking Column Sets
- Open the marking column set defined for semesters
- Add Quarters to the marking column set making sure to associate each marking column with the correct term
- In Records, click Courses and open a course to be scheduled and graded in Quarters
- Select the Restrictions 2 tab
- Open the appropriate academic year record
- In the Length in Terms field, enter 4
- In the grid, mark only the Quarter 1 checkbox
- Select other settings as applicable. For example, mark the Track class attendance checkbox and enter restricted times.
- Click OK
- Select the Grading tab
- Mark the checkboxes for the marking columns to activate for the course such as Q 1, Q 2, Q 3, and Final
- Click OK
Note: You can start using quarters for some courses after the academic year has begun if you only want to add quarter marking columns and not also re-schedule the courses in quarters. You cannot schedule the courses in quarters because you cannot add new terms to the academic year after attendance has been entered or grades exist for the current session.