In order to automatically apply receipt numbers to your gifts before creating these receipts in Export, you'll want to use the Receipt function in mail first and click yes when prompted to assign the receipt numbers. The receipt numbers will then appear on the gift records and you can proceed to create your receipts via Query and Export as outlined below
- Create a new Constituent query of records to be receipted
- Save the query
- Create a new Constituent export based on the query created
- Export appropriate fields to create custom receipts
- When selecting Gift Amount, Gift Date, etc., specify the appropriate date range and enter the number of gifts to export (select a number that is at least as high as the largest number of gifts a single constituent might have that meet the criteria)
- Use the Mail Merge Wizard to create a simple mail merge including a listing of the fields for each gift
Alternatively, you can set the option to create one receipt per gift for the constituent. To change the receipt option on the constituent record:
- In Records, click Constituents.
- Click Open a Constituent.
- Search for and open the appropriate constituent.
- On the Bio 2 tab in the Receipt type drop-down, select One receipt per gift.
- Click Save and Close.