- Open the Blackbaud Management Console. If you are not sure where it is installed, please see how to locate the Blackbaud Management Console.
- In the navigation bar, select the Backup option under the database.
- Click either the Schedule Backup or Perform Backup icon depending on if you're modifying the scheduled or manual job.
- If using the Schedule Backup Wizard, Click Next. If modifying the manual backup job, proceed to step 6.
- Mark the Enabled checkbox and select a Frequency. Click Next.
- Click the browse button and enter the path for the backup files to be created in. Click Next.
Note: Ensure that there are no punctuation marks or symbols in the database backup path. For example, change C:\Raiser's Edge to C:\Raisers Edge. You must save the back up to a local drive, not a network drive.
- Mark the appropriate Optional Settings. Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- A backup copy of the database is created in the destination directory specified in step 6. Make sure to maintain enough free disk space in this location for future backups.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.