Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
Carefully read all of the instructions listed below before proceeding. If you are new to importing, also refer to How to import - the basics of importing (BB135422).
You can save the file in any delimited format or in fixed length.
2. Include the following fields in your import data file.
- Course Import ID
- Course Restrictions Import ID
Note: In Excel, use Text as the column type for Course Import ID or Course Restrictions Import ID. Otherwise, Excel drops the leading zeros.
3. Import the data file, using the following parameters:
- Import Type: Course Restrictions
- What do you want to do?: Update existing records
- What file do you want to import?: Browse to the import file and use Restrictions Import ID to match records in the import file with existing records.
- What is the format of this import file?: Delimited Characters separate the fields
- Field Separators and Text Qualifiers: Comma, Quotation
- Import Field Names: Field names are on the first line of the import file.
- Sample Import Format: Verify the first few rows of the import file.
In the Import these fields frame, verify that all rows in the Field to Import column are correctly mapped to the corresponding education software field in the Import Field column.
We recommend marking all available checkboxes. At the very least, mark the Create control report option