1. Run the Membership List/Directory Report (from Membership Reports), using an input query if appropriate.
2. On the General tab, set the Include memberships as of to a specific date. For example, if you want to see the members' membership categories as of 7/31/2008, use that date.
3. If you want to see the members' membership categories as of that date, regardless of whether those memberships are now active or not, on the Filters tab, change the Current Standings filter to Include All.
4. Set all other parameters as appropriate.
5. On the Format tab, under Optional Columns, include Membership Type, and under Detail, Display Options for Membership Types, check (at minimum) the Categories checkbox.
6. Preview or print the report.