We can Export the notes and any other desired fields in Blackbaud Simple Word merge format. When you Export to Excel, the notes will automatically Export into a single column without breaks. If we choose Blackbaud Simple Word Merge, we are able to Export the notes into a Word document and maintain the line break formatting. To do this, use the following steps:
- In the Export, go to Tools > Export Options. Change the Format to Blackbaud Simple Word Merge.
- On the Output tab, select Notes > Notes. Fill in the desired criteria in the pop up box.
- Click Send to Word Merge Wizard on the top middle of your screen.
- Word will open. Select the Add-ins tab.
- Choose Insert The Raiser's Edge fields and select Notes > Notes
- Select Save and Return to RE7
- Click Merge Now on the bottom right corner of your Export. The document will show the notes with their line breaks