- In Crystal 8.5, you can add a new group by going to Insert > Group. You can change the order of the existing groups by going to Report > Change Group Expert.
- In Crystal XI, you can add a new group and change the order of the existing groups by going to Report > Group Expert.
- In Crystal 8.5, go to Report > Sort Records. Select the field(s) to sort by from Report Fields box and move to Sort Fields box.
- In Crystal 11, go to Report > Record Sort Expert. Select the field(s) to sort by from Available Fields box and move to Sort Fields box.
Note that existing Groups will sort with Group #1 being sorted first, Group #2 being sorted second, etc... and after all groups have been sorted, then any fields selected in the Record Sort Expert dialog box will be sorted last.
If the group values need to be sorted in a specific order:
- Right-click on the Group and select Change Group
- Change the second drop down to "in specified order"
- On the Specified Order tab, select the values from the drop down to put them in the list. If a value is not available from the drop down, it can be typed in manually.
- Click OK
- Refresh the report to see the changes