If your software is hosted through Blackbaud Hosting Services, refer to How to run a plug-in in a hosted environment.
Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
Note: Print and read all of the following instructions before running the plug-in.
To install the plug-in:
- Log in to the workstation as a local administrator.
- Download and save FndRelat.zip to the the local hard drive.
- Double-click FndRelat.zip.
- When prompted, unzip the files to the local hard drive of any workstation with The Raiser's Edge installed.
- Double-click the Setup.EXE file. The welcome screen appears.
- Click Next. The installation folder screen appears.
Note: In order for the plug-in to work, you must install it in the “Plugins” folder that resides in the The Raiser’s Edge installation directory. The default location for this folder is C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Raisers Edge 7\Plugins\. If you have installed The Raiser Edge in a different location, click Browse to locate the “Plugins” folder
- To allow multiple users to use the plug-in, select Everyone. To only allow yourself to use the plug-in, select Just me.
- Click Next. The confirmation screen appears.
- Click Next. The installation process begins.
- When the installation is complete, the Installation Complete screen appears.
- Click Close.
- Have all other users exit and sign out of The Raiser's Edge.
- Log into The Raiser's Edge.
- Click Plug-Ins from the navigation bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears.
- Click the Fund Relationship Export link.
- Under Query on the Fund Relationship Export page, click Query Search. The Open Query screen appears.
- Enter your search criteria and click Find Now. The queries that meet your criteria appear. For more information about how to search for queries see The Query and Export Guide.
Note: The “Specific Record” field must be added to the output of the query for the plug-in to work. To do this, select a query and click Edit.
- Select the Output tab
- Select Specific Record from Available Fields. For example, in a Fund query, select Relationships > Individuals/Organizations > Specific Record > Select
- Click Save and close the query. You return to the Open Query screen
- Click Open. You return to the Open Query screen and the query appears under Query.
- Under Query, you can select an address type and phone type for the address and phone number to return when you run the query.
- To include the original query fields, select Include Original Query Fields.
Note: If you include the original query fields, you do not have to select those fields again when you choose from the list of fields to export.
- In the list of fields, select REid and any additional fields to return on the export file.
- Click Run Query. The search results appear.
- To export this information, enter a file name under Export To File.
- To select where to export a file, click Export Path. The Browse For Folder screen appears.
- Select the folder for the export file and click OK.
- To include column headings in the export file, select Include Column Headings.
- Under Delimiter, select Comma to create a .csv file or Tab to create a .txt file.
- Click Export To File. When the export is complete, a confirmation message appears.
- Click OK. The file is saved to the export folder.