Account Detail (Pre-defined report ACDTL)
The Account Detail report is standard report type F. Use this report to:
- List transactions for a single account for a specific date range.
- List transactions for a group of accounts for a specific date range.
- List transactions to an account or accounts from a specific journal or group of journals.
- List transactions for a specific date table period e.g. Beginning period, closing period, adjustment or reclass periods.
Beginning and ending balances for the accounts selected are not shown in the Account Detail Report. This report is designed as an analysis tool to filter specific transactions. The totals returned by this report are simply for the transactions retrieved, which is generally not the balance of the account.
The Ledger report is standard report type B. Use this report to:
- Report on transactions and account balances for a date table period e.g. month.
- Report on transactions and account balances for the date table year-to-date.
- Provide managers with account balances and transaction activity for a department for a date table period or year-to-date.
- Help analyze balance sheet and revenue and expense report account balances.