Carefully read all of the instructions listed below before proceeding. If you are new to importing, also refer to How to import - the basics of importing into the education software or The Financial Edge.
- Create a data file or use an existing file.
- Include the following fields in your import data file. The fields in bold italics are required. The fields in italics are conditionally required. Refer to the notes below the list of fields for additional information. If necessary, include other fields in the data file that are available for this import type.
Student Import ID or Record Import ID, Annotation, and Display annotation automatically?
* Although headers are not required in system, we recommend using them. Otherwise, you must manually map the fields in the data file to the corresponding fields.
In Excel, use Text as the column type for any field with leading zeroes. Otherwise, Excel drops the leading zeros.
- Import [education software or The Financial Edge] the data file using the following parameters:
- Import Type: Student in the education software or Record in The Financial Edge
- What do you want to do?: Update existing records
- What file do you want to import?: Browse to the import file and use Student Import ID or Record ID to match records in the import file with existing records.
- What is the format of this import file?: Delimited - Characters separate the fields
- Field Separators and Text Qualifiers: Comma, Quotation
- Import Field Names: Field names are on the first line of the import files
- Sample Import Format: Verify the first few rows of the import file.
In the Import Fields frame, verify that all rows in the Field to Import column are correctly mapped to the corresponding field.
We recommend marking all available checkboxes. At the very least, mark the Create control report option.