Please try the following, in order:
A. Register DLL and OCX files
1. Verify everyone is logged out of all instances of FundWare.
2. From the server, go to the Fundware\7.xx\Bin folder.
3. Double-click on the afwregist file.
If any errors occur, continue to click OK.
This will automatically run and will re-register all DLL and OCX files in the Fundware Bin Folder.
4. Log back in to FundWare
B. Reset Permissions on the FundWare Folder:
1. Launch Windows Explorer.
2. Browse to the FundWare folder and right click on this folder.
3. Select Properties.
4. Select the Security tab.
5. If your FundWare group is not listed in the Name section, click Add and select your FundWare group.
6. Highlight your FundWare group.
7. In the Permissions section, grant Full Control.
8. Click Advanced.
9. Mark the checkbox to Reset permissions on all child objects.
10. Click Apply.
C. Reset Permissions in the registry:
1. Select Start -> Run.
2. At Open, type regedt32.
3. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> FundWare.
4. Highlight the FundWare folder.
5. Select Security -> Permissions.
6. If your FundWare group is not listed in the Name section, click Add and select your FundWare group.
7. Highlight your FundWare group.
8. In the Permissions section, grant Full Control.
9. Click Advanced.
10. Mark the checkbox to Reset permissions on all child objects.
11. Click Apply.
12. Repeat these steps for the Micro Focus folder and the ODBC folder.
D. Run script to update core database:
1. If not done already, get everyone out of Fundware. This is VERY important for this step.
2. Click Start and Run. Type in CMD and click OK. This brings up a DOS window.
3. Type in: osql -E (note the space between osql and -E)
4. Type in: use afwcore <hit enter>
5. Type in: go <hit enter>
6. Type in: delete from central <hit enter>
7. Type in: go <hit enter>
8. Type in: update instance set instanceid=1 <hit enter>
9. Type in: go <hit enter>
E. Check the folder structure in the Fundware folder:
1. Browse out to the Fundware folder
2. Insure there is a Temp folder in the Fundware folder
3. If not, add it and have the user try what they were doing when they got the initial error again.
F. Reboot the server.
If these steps do not resolve the issues, contact FundWare Support for additional troubleshooting steps.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.