Run a summary Historical Data Item List and roll balances forward
- Open FundWare, select Report Manager
- Select Payroll as the Module from the drop down menu
- Select Master Records List for the Report Category
- Highlight the report named PYITEMH - Historical Data Items List
- Click Produce
- At the Report Level, select Summary, click OK
- Use this report to verify the Roll Forward Flag is set correctly on all Historical Data Items in the Roll column. Typically, accruals such as Vacation Earned are rolled forward to be used as the beginning balance in the new year.
- N indicates it will not roll
- H indicates it will roll Hours
- A indicates it will roll Amounts
- B indicates it will roll all fields
*If you need to see a limit associated with any of the rolls, run this report in Detail. If the Roll Flags are incorrect, you will need to update the Roll Forward option in Payroll on the Historical Data Item
- In Payroll, select Setup and Historical Data Items
- Type C to Change
- At the Data Item, type the name of the data item that needs updating
- Press Enter
- At Roll Forward, make the appropriate change
To roll balances forward:
- In Payroll, select Processing, Periodic Processing, Roll Balances Forward.
- At Roll to Year, the appropriate year will display. Press Enter.
- The PYYLOVR.L## report will be created (where ## is your Division number). Verify the balances rolled forward properly. No report will be created if there were no Data Items set to roll but the correct active year will now be set in Payroll.
- Select File, Exit to completely close FundWare.
- Log back in.
**Additional Roll Forward information**
- This task is used at year end to roll forward hours, units or amounts to the next year. it is commonly used to carry forward accrued sick or vacation hours.
- The Roll Forward field in the Historical Data Item must be defined to allow balances to roll forward.
- Roll forward defines whether hours/units, amounts or both can be carried forward.
- The Hours limit and Amount limit fields indicate whether there is a maximum number of hours/units or a maximum amount that can be rolled forward.
- This task does not post to your Financial Reporting System.
- It changes the Active year to the year to which balances are rolled and rolls the balances to a system-maintained beginning balance period.
- If balances are rolled forward to the same year a second time, only net changes to the hours or amounts already rolled forward are recorded. Balances must be rolled forward before the first payroll of the new year is run.
- If you received this error in the middle of a payroll, you must calculate the net pay. Even if you have already performed this task, Payroll must be recalculated.
- Any calculations performed prior to rolling balances and updating the toolbox is based on prior YTD balances and possibly outdated limits and rates.
- You may wish to refer to additional year end documents such as Payroll Toolbox FAQs.