The following steps can be performed as an alternative solution:
Note : Incorrect changes to registry settings can cause serious system problems that may be irreversible without reinstallation of the operating system. You must back up your registry before making any registry changes. We are not responsible for damage resulting from incorrect use of the Registry Editor.
Perform the following steps, in order, until the issue is resolved:
- Check Add/Remove Programs to ensure that the Education Edge (EE) 7.82.104 with patch 1 is installed. If it is not installed, use the deployment package located on the database server to install The Education Edge. You must install The Education Edge client components on the Web server before you install Faculty Access for the Web (FAWeb).
- Ensure that you can successfully log into The Education Edge on the computer.
- Manually edit registry to force the version change. To do this:
- Open the Windows' registry editor.
- Locate the following registry key:
- if using 32-bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Blackbaud\FE7Install
- if using 64-bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Blackbaud\FE7Install
- Double-click on Version and change the value from 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52
- Click OK and close the registry editor.
- Attempt the installation of FAWeb again.
Note: Blackbaud recommends installing FAWeb and NC on separate dedicated servers. Please reference our System Requirements for more information.