This function may be used to place a vendor on hold when they are not active but you do not want to purge the vendor information.
1. In Accounts Payable, select Maintenance / Vendors
2. Double click the vendor you with to de-activate.
3. Select the Vendor Data Items tab.
4. Click 'New'.
5. Select .VHOLD from the Data Item drop down list.
6. Select Y=On Hold from the Value drop down list.
7. Click Apply to save, or click OK to save and close the record.
When a vendor is in .VHOLD status you may not:
1. Add new obligations.
2. Mark for pay.
3. Transfer existing obligations for that vendor.
However, you may:
1. Cancel an obligation.
2. Produce checks for obligations already marked for pay.
3. Reconcile checks for the vendor.