Microsoft has issued a utility to address this issue. Go to Microsoft Knowledge Base article 973904 to download and run Microsoft Fix it 50352.
Note: We provide links to third-party websites in an effort to help you resolve your issue. We are not responsible for the information on third-party websites, and we cannot assist in implementing the solution on these websites.
Try each of these steps until the issue is resolved:
- If you have Microsoft Office 2007, Service Pack 2 installed, and Microsoft Security Update KB973904 has been applied, that may be the cause of this error (among others) when performing mail merges. Follow these steps to resolve this issue. (BB708164)
- Close all open Microsoft Word instances. Reopen the merge document and merge again.
- Save the document to a different hard drive.
- If the Mail Merge is a Conditional Merge, open each letter in the merge to see if any of them are corrupt. Delete any corrupt letters.
- Recreate the query from scratch (BB19082) using the same filters as the problem query. Use this query instead.
- Update/repair the workstation. (BB57039)
- Uninstall and reinstall The Raiser’s Edge or Education Edge on the workstation. (BB57039)