- Go to Accounts Payable, Maintenance, Obligation References.
- Click on New to add another reference or you may use one of the previously defined references that display. These references will then be filled out when entering obligations into the system. The text entered in the"Description" field is what will appear on the obligation entry Data Item tab. You may make them optional or required.
- Go to Accounts Payable, Setup, Extended Setup.
- Press C to Change
- Type 4 and press ENTER to change field 5.
- Enter the reference letter(s) you desire for Description, and Reference 1, 2, and 3. Items defined here will print on the trace report. The Data Items 1, 2, and 3 will print under the GL columns on trace reports.
- Go to General Ledger, Maintenance, Journals.
- Review all AP Journals defined on the System. On the General Tab, the Fields on the left side of the screen labeled Title 1, Title 2, and Title 3 should equate to what you selected for References 1, 2, and 3 in AP Extended Setup. These fields are only for reference by the user as to what they are sending through on the journals. They do not print anywhere or have any other effect.
- Enter a new invoice, filling out the "Data Items" tab and see how the data item appears on the journal print. It will look the same way in your General Ledger transaction reports. You can print a Standard ACDTL or LEDGR report to look at the final results. These reports are under Report Manager, General Ledger, Transaction Reports.
For information on adding Additional Data items, see the Knowledgebase document entitled "How to add or change Accounts Payable Data Items that post to The General Ledger."