CAUTION: Do not perform this task if you do not have all of the following information available. Failure to reset the system number properly will corrupt your check history file for your employees.
Information to gather prior to attempting the reset of Payroll checks from Ready to log to Calculated:
1. If you have multiple Payroll/Personnel banks, you must obtain the Use ID for the Bank you are resetting.
a. Using the Modules bar or the Menu bar, select Financial Institutions -> Maintenance.
b. Highlight the financial institution and click Edit.
c. Select the Account tab.
d. Click the By Use button in the Associations area.
e. Note the Use ID for the Payroll/Personnel Module.
f. Click Cancel and Close.
2. The beginning System Number for the check run.
a. From the Payroll/Personnel Home Page Reports, click and choose Predefined Reports.
b. Highlight the PYCK1LN - One Line Check List and click Produce.
c. At Banks, select Range and enter the Use ID of your Bank obtained from Financial Institutions above in the From and To fields (if you have only one Payroll/Personnel bank, the From and To fields will be pre-filled with the Use ID).
d. At Checks, accept the default All.
e. At Check Status, accept the default A=All checks.
f. At Dates, enter a date range in the From field that will include the check run previous to the current check run; in the To field, enter the date of the current check run.
g. At Collate Options, select System.
h. Do not select the Spreadsheet Option.
i. Review the Sys Nbr column, for the last System Number used. You will need this to reset the current check run.
j. If this report is filed for printing later, the name in Print Manager is PYCK1LN.L## (where ## is your division number).
Once you have obtained the Use ID for your Bank and the last System Number, you will need to execute two programs from Division 00 - System Administration, prior to re-producing your checks.
Reset the check run
1. Have all users sign out of Payroll/Personnel.
2. Verify you have a current backup of your division.
3. In the menu bar, select File -> Open IFW and select Division 00 - System Administration.
4. Allow the business date to default to today's date and click OK. The System Administration (00) Window will display.
5. Using the Modules bar or the Menu bar, select System Administration -> System Utilities.
Program Name PYL935
Business Date Use today's date
Division Select the appropriate division.
a. At the Enter sequence number prompt, press Enter.
b. At the Enter Bank prompt, type the Use ID of your Payroll/Personnel bank. NOTE: This field is case sensitive!
c. Press Enter at the Are you sure you want to do this prompt.
d. Press Enter at the Conversion complete!! Press enter prompt.
Reset the last system number
1. Verify all users are signed out of Payroll/Personnel and you have a current backup of your division.
2. From division 00 - System Administration, select System Administration -> System Utilities.
Program Name: PYL149
Business Date: Use today's date
Division: Select the appropriate division.
a. Select C to C)hange.
b. At the Bank prompt, enter the Use ID of your Payroll/Personnel bank.
c. At Enter field to be changed, type 7.
d. At the Last system # prompt, enter the last system number determined from the PYCK1LN.L## report.
e. Press Enter to accept.
f. Press Esc and select E to E)nd.
3. Close System Administration by selecting File -> Exit in the menu bar.
Your current check run has now been reset to prior to producing checks. You will need to produce your checks again, print them, and log them.