Download and install the latest version and patch, if applicable.
This alternative solution requires changes to your SQL Server backup schedule. Please contact a qualified SQL Server Professional for assistance with these steps.
- Open SQL Server Management Studio
- Connect to the instance of SQL Server where backups are being made
- Expand SQL Server Agent > Jobs
- Select the Job named BMC: Scheduled backup(DatabaseName) where DatabaseName is the name of the database being backed up
- Right click and select Properties
- Select Steps in the Select a page box on the left
- Highlight Step 1 and click Edit at the bottom of the screen
- In the Command box, move the -DelBkUps command so that it is after the -BkUpDB command
The command that the BMC creates:
EXECUTE master.dbo.xp_sqlmaint N'-D FE_SAMPLEDATA -WriteHistory -VrfyBackup -BkUpMedia DISK -DelBkUps 8days -BkUpDB "D:\BackupLocation" -BkExt "BAK"'
This should be changed to (make sure that BackupLocation is the actual location where backups are created):
EXECUTE master.dbo.xp_sqlmaint N'-D FE_SAMPLEDATA -BkUpDB "D:\BackupLocation" -WriteHistory -VrfyBackup -BkUpMedia DISK -DelBkUps 8days -BkExt "BAK"'
- Click OK twice to save the changes
- If you make changes to the Backup Schedule in the Blackbaud Management Console this change will be overwritten