This process is used when slow performance has been exhibited in sql modules (AR7, Budget Preparation and the Account Selector).
Instructions for Running Re-index Tables Program for ALL Divisions:
1. For versions after 7.40sp1, go to your Fundware\7.xx\bin directory in Explorer and find the file named ReindexDBtables.bat.
2. Double-click ReindexDBtables.bat to run a program, which will re-index your sql tables.
3. You will see a DOS window, which will close itself once it is finished running the clean-up script.
4. The ReindexDBtables.bat should be run after imports or periodically when performance degrades. No one should be in Fundware when running this batch file.
5. The batch file is set up to run over all divisions, but it can be modified to run over a specific division as below.
6. We suggest putting the ReindexDBtables.bat in the Windows Scheduler to run on a periodic basis to re-index your AR tables.
Instructions for Running Re-index Tables Program for SINGLE Divisions:
1. If you open the file in Notepad, you can update the parameter wording /dall to /dxx where xx is your division number. It is the last line in the file which reads: “convert.exe /m2 /t2 /dall /sReindexDBtables.sql”. If you would like, you can change the dall to d02 (if your division is 02) or put whichever division applies. The batch file displays text at the top with those instructions. (Those are the lines that start with “echo”). It runs fairly fast, so it generally shouldn’t be a problem leaving it for all batches.
2. We suggest putting the ReindexDBtables.bat in the Windows Scheduler to run on a periodic basis to re-index your AR tables.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.