These steps should be completed on a 32-bit operating system.
To create the Scheduled Task:
- From your Windows Start menu, select Settings, Control Panel, Scheduled Tasks
- Click Add Scheduled Task
- Click Next
- Click Browse
- On your computer, browse to the Program Files, Blackbaud folder
- In the Raiser's Edge folder, select Blackbaud.GroupSync.exe
- Click Open
- In the field, enter a name for the automatic synchronizing process. For example, enter “Blackbaud Group Sync”
- In the Perform this task frame, select how often to automatically synchronize data
- Click Next
- In the Start time field, enter the time you want to automatically synchronize data
- In the Perform this task frame, select if you want to perform the task every day or just on weekdays
- In the Start date field, enter the date to begin automatically synchronizing data
- Click Next
- In the Enter the user name field, enter the network user name of the individual responsible for synchronizing data. Be sure to use a domain account that has rights to Active Directory.
Note: Blackbaud recommends creating a separate user account on your network for processing the Microsoft Scheduled Task Wizard for your Raiser's Edge Group Sync task.
- Enter the password for your network user account for processing the Scheduled Task Wizard in the Enter the password field
- Confirm the password for your network user account for processing the Scheduled Task Wizard in the Confirm password field
- Click Next. A confirmation message appears informing you that you have completed establishing the automatic scheduled task.
- Mark the Open advanced properties for this task when I click Finish checkbox
- Click Finish
- If you marked the Open advanced properties for this task when I click Finish checkbox, a screen appears for the task you created.
- For the process to access the correct database, add the following command-line switches to the end of the text in the Run field:
/uid=[username] /dbnumber=[database number]
Note: The [username] is the RE user account that you want the Group Sync utility to run as (e.g. enter Supervisor)
Note: The [database number] is the number found on the RE7_# registry key associated with the database the process will update (e.g. enter 1 for RE7_1)
For example: "C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Raisers Edge 7\Blackbaud.GroupSync.exe" /uid=supervisor /dbnumber=1
- Select the Schedule tab
Note: You can disable the task by unmarking the Enable checkbox if you need to install a patch or update. If the task runs while an update occurs, the workstation cannot be updated.
- Click Advanced
- Mark Repeat task and select how often and for how long to run the task
- Click OK to return to the screen for the task you created. Click OK to close this screen.