In order to reverse the journal entries created by an advance deposit, you will need to unapply the payment from the advance deposit that is funding it.  The advance deposit itself does not post, so once the payment is unapplied from the advance deposit, the advance deposit will then show as Unfunded, and the original credit to the deferred account will be reversed with a debit.