Note: The query being used in the export should be created before proceeding. See What are the basics of query in ResearchPoint (BB484016) for more information on creating a query in ResearchPoint.
*The Output of the query is the only way to define what fields to export from the database. Therefore, the output in the query should have every field that needs to be exported.
Please note your version number in the Help > About Blackbaud Application menu of ResearchPoint and follow the appropriate instructions below:
- On the navigation bar, select Admin > Export. The Export page appears.
- On the action bar of the Export processes grid, click Add. The Add export process screen appears.
- Enter a unique name and description to help identify the export process.
- Select the appropriate query type to search for and then click the binoculars.
*An Ad-hoc query can include numerous output fields and enables you to browse through a specific set of records.
- Search for and select the query to export. If there is not a query available to use select the Add option. This will bring open a new Ad-hoc query screen to create a query to export. (Refer to BB484016 for more information on creating a query).
Note: The Output of the query is the only way to define what fields to export from the database. Therefore, the output in the query should have every field that needs to be exported.
- Click Save.
- On the export page highlight the export process just created then click Start Export in the Action bar.
- The export process status page appears and displays the status of the process. When the export process finishes, the Status field on the Recent status tab displays Completed.
- From within the export process click the History tab.
Note: History is never cleared unless a user elects to delete this information using the Delete option.
- Select the Download Output icon.
- Choose Single File to export the whole group into one .CSV file.
- Browse to a location to save the export file.
- Name the export and click Save.
Once the download has completed the file will be available for editing.