- In your F9 Excel file, enter your budget Scenario ID into a blank cell.
This can be found in The Financial Edge, General Ledger, Records, Budgets, Scenario ID.
- In your F9 Excel file, click into the blank cell which will be our period specifier.
Most likely, this will be a column next to your actual column, and on the same row as the actual period specifier.
- From the F9 menu, select Tools, Period Wizard.
- Select Budget for Balance Type.
- Select your date range for budget information and click To Clipboard and OK.
- In the blank cell, select Paste.
A header appears for the budget period specifier.
- Under the Budget column, select the cell in the account row.
- Drag the function values from the Actual column into your Budget column.
The same results appear in both cells at this point.
- Click in the budget cell, and select Insert, Function from the toolbar.
- Within the Function Arguments window, map the Type line to your budget scenario ID.
Previously, this value mapped to Activity: Actual.
- Click OK and return to the Excel file.
- Press F9 to update the spreadsheet.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.