- In Payroll Processing, click Create Group Assignments.
- On the Options tab, select to Copy existing records onto employees.
- Select the appropriate record type from the drop down menu. The options are Pay Type, Benefit, and Deduction.
- Select the appropriate record ID from the drop down menu.
- Select the appropriate Effective date(s).
- Mark the Expire check box and select the appropriate record ID from the drop down menu and select the appropriate Effective end date.
Note: In most cases, you will expire the same record ID that you are copying. For example, if a deduction is increasing 3% for the next year, you will want to copy the deduction so that it can be increased and given an appropriate effective date. Then, expire the existing deduction the day before the increased deduction will be effective.
- Mark the box to Increase/Decrease the record type using either Amount or Percent and enter the appropriate number.
- Click Next to move to the Filters tab and adjust the Filters as needed.
- Click Next to move to the Assignment Grid. Review the changes that will be made to the employee records for accuracy.
Note: Depending on the record type selection on the Options tab, additional information such as hours or amounts may be required.
- Click Process Now.
- Click Yes to confirm the group assignment.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.