Note: If the pay types, benefits or deductions, etc already exist on the employee records and you wish to change them instead, see also How to globally change and expire a Pay Type, Benefit, or Deduction on employee records
To globally add Pay Types, Benefits, Deductions, Attendance Records, Events, or Attendance Plans:
- In Payroll Processing, click Create Group Assignments.
- On the Options tab, select to Assign new records to employees.
- Select the appropriate record type from the drop down menu. The options are Pay Type, Benefit, Deduction, Attendance Record, Event, and Attendance Plan.
- Select the appropriate record ID from the drop down menu. These will pull from the records set up in Configuration. If you need to make changes to these records, click on the Edit button directly to the right of this drop down field. This will allow you to edit the record without having to go into Configuration.
- Select the appropriate Effective date(s).
- If this Pay Type, Benefit, Deduction, Attendance Record, Event, or Attendance Plan is replacing an existing record, you can expire the existing record by marking the checkbox and selecting the appropriate record from the drop down menu.
- Click Next to move to the Filters tab and adjust the Filters as needed.
- Click Next to move to the Assignment Grid. Review the changes that will be made to the employee records for accuracy.
Note: Depending on the record type selection on the Options tab, additional information such as hours or amounts may be required.
- Click Process Now.
- Click Yes to confirm the group assignment.