1. In what environments does the slowness occur?
2. What area of the application is slow (viewing a report, running a query, opening records, etc)?
3. Please provide steps to duplicate or a description of what the user was doing during the slowness.
4. What was the date and time when you encountered the slowness? (This information will allow us together SQL Snapshots from when the slowness occurred in order to troubleshoot further.)
5. Is the slowness occurring for sysadmin users, non admin users or both? If so, please provide the usernames.
6. Please provide any errors received or any other details that might help to explain the process you are running.
7. What is the case priority (Problem, Critical, Down)?
8. If your organization is self-hosted please include the SQLSnaps and Fiddler Traces:
- The SQLSnapshot utility provides critical details about activity in the database. Run the SQLSnapshot utility at a 5 second interval. This utility should be started first thing in the morning and the log file should be exported at the end of the day each day while performance troubleshooting is necessary.
- For detailed information on SQL Snaps, FiddlerCaps, and other troubleshooting tools please click here
1. Is the issue time sensitive?
2. Does this occur in the test environment, production, or both (If applicable)?
3. Is this a Blackbaud Customization?
4. Is this a customization built by your organization?
5. What area of the application is slow (report, query, opening records, etc)?
6. If the performance problem is with a business process or task that involves selections, try changing the selection from dynamic to static.
7. How long does this process normally take to complete (if applicable)?
8. How long does it take to complete when the system seems to be slow (if applicable)?
9. What was the date and time when you encountered the slowness?
10. Is the slowness occurring for every user, specific users or just one?
11. If this is specific to any one user or group of users, please provide names of the users?
12. Please provide any errors received or any other details that might help to explain the process you are running:
13. During the slowness, please go to Administration > Business Processes and list any process that is currently running:
NOTE: This list is a starting point. Follow-up questions may be necessary.