After installing the patch, the appropriate SMTP authentication method will need to be selected in order to resolve the issue:
- Go to Config > Business Rules > Mail options
- Select one of the following available SMTP authentication methods:
- Anonymous - does not require for users to authenticate to the SMTP server (uses the least amount of SMTP security validation)
- Basic - requires the username and password for an account that has rights to the SMTP server
- NTLM - automatically uses network credentials for the logged in user and verifies this on the SMTP server
- Select whether or not to 'Use Secured Socket Layer (SSL)
Configure the SMTP server to allow the workstation running eReceipts to relay emails. Please contact a qualified IT Professional for assistance.
To test issue outside of The Raiser's Edge, use the telnet commands.