If the plug-in cannot be accessed when logged in as the supervisor:
- Repair the plug-in installation through the Control Panel, Add/Remove programs.
- In the Control Panel, select Add/Remove Programs to see if the plug-in is installed. It will appear as a separate program. If it is listed, remove it.
- Ensure that the \\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Education Edge\Plugins folder does not contain a Shelby folder. If it does, delete this folder, and all of it's contents.
- Reboot the workstation if you have made any changes in the above steps.
- Ensure you are logged in as a local administrator on the workstation and the user has full NTFS permission to The Education Edge folder.
- Ensure you have The Education Edge shut down completely, and any anti-virus and anti-spyware software temporarily disabled.
- Install the Blackbaud NetCommunity plug-in.
- Reboot the workstation immediately after installation is complete.
- Log into The Education Edge and verify that the plug-in is installed.
- Log into The Education Edge as supervisor, or another user that has rights to System Security.
- Select Administration, Set up System Security.
- Double click on the appropriate group.
- Under System Components, highlight Shared Components.
- Under Shared Component Privileges, mark NetCommunity.
- Click Save and Close.
Note: Users must exit and sign out and log back in before the security changes will take effect.
If you see a failure next to "Deploy Files" after the installation, this means that the plug-in wasn't installed correctly.
To resolve this, simply re-run the installer and select the "Repair" option.
If after attempting the above solutions the Plugin is still unavailable:
Uninstall the NetCommunity plugin and Education Edge/Financial Edge application from the workstation and reinstall.