- In Records, Products and Billing items, click the arrow beside New Flat Rate and select New Automatic Item: Vary Amount by Grade.
- On the General tab, define an Item ID, Status, Description, and valid dates for the item.
- Select a Bill Code to include when generating transactions automatically.
- To include the automatic item in TRP calculations and finance charge calculations, mark Include in TRP calculation and Item is subject to finance and late charges.
- Enter each grade level and the total amount of the plan for each grade.
- On the Schedule tab, define the dates that the plan should generate and the percentage of the total to generate on each date. Verify the number in the Number of dates: field matches the number of dates you enter.
- On the GL Distribution tab, enter the correct account information for the charges.
- Save and Close the Billing Item.
Note: Remove the bill code from other Product/Billing items to prevent both charges from generating automatically.