Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
If you are new to importing, please review How to import - the Basics of Importing before proceeding.
1. Create a data file or use an existing file
2. Include the required fields in the data file: constituent import ID (ImportID), Assignment Interest import ID (VAIImpID- left blank for all new interests ), & Assignment Interest (VAIInterest)
3. If necessary, include other fields in the data file that are available for this import type.
4. Click Admin, Import. Highlight Volunteer Assignment Interest from the Constituent category and click New.
5. Select the following parameters:
What do you want to do? Import new records
What file do you wish to import? Browse to the import file
How do you want the system to identify existing constituents? Use the Import ID*
What is the format of this import file? Delimited
File Layout Tab:
Field Separators and Text Qualifiers: Comma, Quotation
Import Field Names: Field names are on the first line of the import file
Sample Import Format: Verify the first few rows of the import file
In the Import Fields frame, verify that all rows in the Field to Import column are correctly mapped to the corresponding field in the Raiser's Edge Field column. Also, pay attention to the Extensions column. Groupings of phone number fields in the import file must share the same extension.
We recommend marking all available checkboxes. At the very least, mark the Create control report option.
6. Click import to import the new data
* When creating a data file (steps 1 and 2), you can use the constituent ID or Social Security number instead of the import ID for the unique identifier.