This example assumes we want to keep The Raiser's Edge record 'RE Record A' and Blackbaud NetCommunity account 'AccountToKeep'. Chagne steps as necessary to match your unique situation.
- Log into Blackbaud NetCommunity > Administration > Users.
- Search for 'AccountToKeep'. Delete this user (red X in the action column)
- Search for 'AccountToDelete'. Delete this user
- Mark the 'Deleted' checkbox & click the 'Go' button
- Edit user 'AccountToDelete' and click the 'Break Link' button. Click Save
- Edit user 'AccountToKeep' and click the 'Break Link' button.
- Click the hyperlnk: 'undelete and generate a sign-up transaction'. Click Save
Note:- We will ignore the sign-up and return to it once the records in RE and EE are updated.
- In The Education Edge, open the linking grid
- Unlink 'RE Record B' and 'EE Record'
- Access The Raiser's Edge and merge 'RE Record B' into 'RE Record A'
- Access The Education Edge and the linking grid
- Link 'RE Record A' with 'EE Record'
- In The Raiser's Edge, access the Blackbaud NetCommunity plug-in.
- Locate the sign-up transaction created in step 7 for 'AccountToKeep'
- Link 'AccountToKeep' Blackbaud NetCommunity account to 'RE Record A'