- Back Up your Raiser's Edge database.
- Review the system requirements before proceeding with the installation.
- Request the unlock code for the Connector.
- Refer to the RE-Sphere Installation Guide for instructions on installing The Raiser's Edge Sphere Connector.
- Go to http://downloads.blackbaud.com for the most recent version of the Connector
- Log into your www.Blackbaud.com account if requested
- On the list of available product downloads, select “The Raiser’s Edge Sphere Connector” (Note: If you do not see this link your organization either does not have the Sphere Connector purchased, or your Blackbaud.com User account does not have a Sphere role to give you access)
- Choose the link for the .exe file to begin the download
- Click Save and choose a location to save the file
- Once the download is completed, navigate to the file in the save location and run it on the appropriate workstations and server.
- On the server, install the plug-in and service for your Sphere Account ID (this is not the same number as your Site ID)
- On the workstations, install the plug-in only
Please ensure all accounts are logged out of The Raiser's Edge at the time of install and the server is restarted after install.
**If you are installing the Connector on a new server, please make sure you have uninstalled it from the previous server, first.
If Blackbaud hosts your Raiser's Edge database: Chat With Support and reference this article.