- Select Records>Constituents.
- Open the constituent record of the surviving spouse.
- On the Bio 1 tab, click the Spouse button.
- Select the General 2 tab.
- On the General 2 tab:
- If the Deceased checkbox is not grayed out (i.e. the spouse is a nonconstituent), mark the Deceased checkbox and click Save and Close.
- If the Deceased checkbox is grayed out (i.e. the spouse is a constituent), select Relationship, Go to [Name] to open the spouse's constituent record. Mark the constituent as deceased.
- If the deceased spouse's name should not be included in mailings, select the Addressees/Salutations tab on the surviving spouse's constituent record and select addressees and salutations that do not include the deceased spouse's information.
- Click Save and Close on the surviving spouse's constituent record.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.