Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
1. Create a data file or use an existing file.
2. Include the following fields in the data file.
Note: Fields in italics are required fields by the Raiser's Edge for an education attribute import. Some of the fields in italics are required conditionally. For example, the Category and Description are required if you are importing new education attributes.
ESRAttrImpID, ESRAttrESRImpID*, ESRAttrCat, ESRAttrDesc, ESRAttrCom, ESRAttrDate
* must be filled in with the Import ID of the non-constituent’s education relationship record (ESRImpID).
Note: - make sure the attributes already exist in Configuration > Attributes under Education prior to the import.
In Excel, use Text as the column type for any field with leading zeros. Otherwise, Excel drops the leading zeros.
3. In Import, select Education Attribute from the Constituent category.
Click New and select the following parameters. For more information on what these parameters mean, refer to How to import in The Raiser's Edge 7 - The Basics of Importing.
- What do you want to do? Update existing records
- Options: Import records not found as new records
- What file do you wish to import? Browse to the import file
- How do you want the system to identify existing constituents? Use the Import ID*
- What is the format of this import file? Delimited
File Layout Tab:
In the Import Fields frame, verify that all rows in the Field to Import column are correctly mapped to the corresponding field in the Raiser's Edge Field column. Also, pay attention to the Extensions column. Groupings of attribute fields in the import file must share the same extension.
We recommend marking all available checkboxes. At the very least, mark the Create control report option.
Refer to the Education Attribute Fields section of the Import Guide(PDF) for a list of available fields (layout table) and for what each is used. In versions 7.5 and above, you can also access the layout table from the Fields tab in the import parameters.