Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
- If the attribute you wish to add does not already exist, create it. The attribute type will be Individual Relationship.
- Create a Relationship query of the people on whose relationship records you wish to add the attribute.
- Go to Admin, Globally Change Records.
- Under Constituent, select Individual/Contact/Employee Relationship, and click the New Change button at the top.
- Click the Include button, and select the Relationship query you created in step 2.
- Under Available Fields, go to Individual Relationship Attributes and select the Attributes field beneath it.
- In the Edit Change Parameters window, set your Operation to Add, and enter the Category, Description, Short Desc., and Date and Comments information you wish to add.
- Mark the checkboxes to Create a control report, a Query of exceptions, and a Query of the change records, if desired.
- Click Change Now.