1. In Payroll > Configuration, select Attendance Plan.
2. Create a new Attendance Plan.
3. Give it a description, Plan ID and select calendar year.
4. Save and close the attendance plan.
5. Open an employee.
6. Select the Attendance tab and click new attendance plan.
7. Give the plan a starting date the day before beginning balances were entered as a credit.
8. Save and close the new plan and select "Attendance Records."
9. Select the summary button.
10. Select today's date and verify that the carry over is now 0 and only the credits are showing.