A set of parents can have one constituent record in The Raiser's Edge. Depending on your Integration set up, you can add one relationship type as a constituent and add the spouse as a non-constituent relationship.
- In Integration, click Set up Integration with The Raiser's Edge.
- Highlight Student relationships.
- Mark the 'If the spouse of a relation also meets this criteria, do not add spouse as a constituent' checkbox, to add the spouse relation as a non-constituent.
Unmark the 'If the spouse of a relation also meets this criteria, do not add spouse as a constituent' checkbox to add the spouse as a constituent.
- In the grid below, enter the relationships in the order to add as constituents. If 2 records are spouses, the relationship that is listed first will be added as the constituent. For example, if the relationship order is father, than mother, fathers will be added as constituents and mothers added as non-constituents.
- Navigate away from the Set up Integration page to save your settings.
You may need to change the order of the relationships on this same screen if the above steps do not correct the issue.
For example if the main record you want to link belongs to the Mother and you do not want to create a Constituent for the Father then you would want to put Mother at the top of the list.