Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article. Carefully read all of the instructions listed below before proceeding. If you are new to importing, also refer to How to import - the basics of importing (BB58904).
- Create a data file or use an existing file.
View a sample data file (7GiftAttr.csv), which updates the Deposit Date attribute and adds the Source attribute to Allison Andrews' 5/17/2004 Stock/Property gift in the sample database. You may need to widen the columns to view all of the information in a column. The sample file was tested in version 7.80.1122.1. Other versions may vary slightly in the available fields.
You can save the file in any delimited format or in fixed length. However, this example and the sample data file are in CSV format.
- Include the following fields in your import data file (for a sample file, which includes all of these fields, refer to step 1 above). The fields in bold italics are required by The Raiser's Edge. The fields in italics are conditionally required. Refer to the notes below the list of fields for additional information.
GFImpID, GFAttrImpID, GFAttrCat, GFAttrDesc, GFAttrDate, GFAttrCom
* Although headers are not required in The Raiser's Edge 7, we recommend using them. Otherwise, you must manually map the fields in the data file to the corresponding fields in The Raiser's Edge.
- Corresponding Field Name
Gift Import ID, Gift Attribute Import ID, Gift Attribute Category, Gift Attribute Description, Gift Attribute Date, Gift Attribute Comments
In Excel, use Text as the column type for any field with leading zeroes. Otherwise, Excel drops the leading zeros.
Refer to the Gift Attribute Fields section of the Import Guide (PDF) for a list of available fields (layout table) and for what each is used. In versions 7.5 and above, you can also access the layout table from the Fields tab in the import parameters.<
- In Import, select Gift Attribute from the Gift node. Click New and select the following parameters. For more information on what these parameters mean, refer to How to import in The Raiser's Edge 7 - The Basics of Importing (BB58904).
- What do you want to do? Update Existing records
- Options Import records not found as new records
- What file do you wish to import? Browse to the import file
- How do you want the system to identify existing constituents? Use the Import ID
- What is the format of this import file? Delimited
- Field Separators and Text Qualifiers: Comma, Quotation
- Import Field Names: Field names are on the first line of the import file
- Sample Import Format: Verify the first few rows of the import file
In the Import Fields frame, verify that all rows in the Field to Imp