- In Configuration, click Tables.
- Select Journal in the left window
- Click New Table Entry to add a new Journal, or select an existing table entry and click Open to edit the existing values.
To make new entries available in Journal Entry batches:
- In Configuration, click Business Rules.
- Select Journal Entry.
- Mark the checkbox next to the journals to be used in journal entry batches.
Note: Use caution in selecting source codes. It is not recommended to make journal entries using subsidiary ledger source codes. For more information, refer to How to reconcile subsidiary ledgers to the General Ledger
To make the entries available in subledgers:
- In the appropriate subledger, select Configuration
- Select Posting Information.
- At the bottom of the screen select the default journal code from the drop down menu(s).
For more information, refer to What is a journal code and what is it used for?